Many people suffer with difficulties and discomfort with their dentures, making it unpleasant to eat, sleep and even just relax. This kind of discomfort can manifest itself in several ways, such as:
- Dentures slipping and moving
- Speaking difficulties and unwanted sounds, such as clicks, whistles and smacks
- Difficulty chewing certain foods
- Lack of suction or adhesion
- Wrinkles above or around the lips or at the corners of the mouth
- Sore spots in the mouth or in the corners of the mouth
Issues of this kind usual occur in patients with a ‘flat-ridge’ on their upper and lower jaws where their teeth once were, making standard dentures unsuitable. However, there is a solution.